School Social Worker
Who is the School Social Worker?
- Trained mental health professional
- Has a degree in social work
- Provides services related to a person’s social, emotional, and life adjustment to school and society
- Is the link between home, school, and community in providing services to students, families, and school personnel
- Promotes and supports students’ academic and social success
Lindsey P. Oliver, LMSW
Mrs. Oliver is the School Social Worker for White County Schools, serving all seven schools in the district. She also serves as the county Homeless Liaison, Hospital/Homebound Coordinator, and board chair of the White County Attendance Protocol Committee, White County Child Abuse Protocol Committee, and White County Local Interagency Planning Team (LIPT). She is board president of the White County Backpack Buddies Program.
Mrs. Oliver is a 1998 graduate of White County High School. After completing her bachelor’s degree in Psychology from North Georgia College & State University, Mrs. Oliver joined the United States Peace Corps and worked as a youth development volunteer in Peru, South America for over two years. She is bilingual in English and Spanish. Mrs. Oliver completed a master of social work degree at the University of Georgia and has experience working in psychiatric hospitals, non-profit organizations, state agencies, and public school systems. Mrs. Oliver is a Licensed Master Social Worker and Certified School Social Worker in Georgia.
She enjoys spending time with her husband and kids, playing and watching sports, being outdoors, and reading bestsellers.
White County School System
136 Warriors Path
Cleveland, GA 30528